Meet The Students
- The predominantly come from rural areas with limited economies
- The vast majority come from single parent households
- Most have had to interrupt their elementary and/or secondary education because of family finances, but somehow persevered
- They all dreamed of what could be and worked hard to achieve grades that would get them into university
- All are exceedingly bright, strongly motivated, with a well defined career end goal and an interest in “giving back” to their community and country
- None would be able to attend university without an EPI scholarship
Their majors cover a wide spectrum: accountancy, political science, education, economics, business administration, psychology, natural science, computer science, law, finance, agribusiness, surveying, human settlement planning, and medicine. Each has an understanding of where their discipline fits into Ghanaian society and how they can be successful. All work hard; all have grade point averages well above B+. No EPI sdcholarship recipients have left the program.
They also share a love of country and an interest in participating in its growth.
They are a remarkable group. The best and the brightest. The true hope for the nation’s future!